What differentiates us from the rest?
We are a Certified Apple Repair Center so we will make sure you get genuine Apple Parts to keep your computer up and running for years to come.
What this means is that we can do all of your in- or out-of-warranty Mac repairs and more. Our extensive knowledge of Apple hardware and software means we work quickly to diagnose and repair your computer. The average in-warranty repair for us takes less than 4 business days (which is faster than most Apple Store repairs). We do all of our work onsite so you don’t have to worry about where your computer might be shipped or who is touching it. If you can’t come to us, we can come to you. Ask us about scheduling an on-site service call.
You might be wondering, “What’s the cost of this great service?” Apple covers the cost of in-warranty hardware repairs but does not cover any software related issues, backups, or data recovery.
Here is a list of some typical out-of-warranty costs:
- Laptop and Desktop Diagnostics: $85 (only if you choose not to have your computer repaired)
- Labor charge: Varies based on repair
- Parts: Varies greatly. We’ll give you an estimate for both parts and labor after diagnosing your computer.
- Backup of data: $85 (if your computer is functioning normally)
- Data recovery: $199 if recoverable, $100 if not recoverable
- On-site service: $150/hour (minimum of one hour; we do NOT charge for travel time if you are within a 25 mile radius)
Some things to do before you bring your computer in for repair:
- Make detailed notes about the issue you are having, including when the problem occurs, exactly what you were doing with the computer and any error messages, sounds or shutdowns.
- Make a backup of your data. We highly recommend backing up your data, even if you aren’t experiencing problems. Many problems do not affect your hard drive so we can back up your data for an additional fee. If your computer is inoperable when you bring it in for service, we can attempt to recover the data. If you have questions about backing up, please feel free to call or email us.
- Remove any personal or confidential information. We don’t pry into your digital lives but often times we will have to launch programs such as iPhoto, iTunes and Mail to test for issues. If you have sensative or confidential information that you do not want others to see, please remove it before bringing your computer in for service.
Frequently Asked Questions about G2 Computers Service
Do I need an appointment to bring my computer in
NO! Unlike the Apple Store, you do not need an appointment to bring your computer in for service. One of our knowledgeable employees will take your information and a description of the problem, then our technicians will get to work as fast as possible to diagnose and repair your computer.
How long will it take to fix my computer?
It’s hard to say really. While we average less than 3 business days to repair computers, sometimes repairs take more or less time than that. If the problem you are having is not easily reproduceable, such as a screen flickering randomly or a computer shutting down randomly, we ask for your patience while we work to diagnose and fix your issue. We have rental computers available while your computer is in for service.
What repairs are covered under the Apple Warranty or AppleCare Protection Plan?
For complete details of your Apple warranty, please see this article. Basically, Apple covers hardware related issues that were caused by manufacturer defect or normal use. Apple does not cover the cost to recover or backup data. The warranty does not cover damage caused by spills or drops.
Can you give me an estimate over the phone?
No. We need to see your computer and the issue you’re having before we can give you an estimate.